We went swimming with a group of people on Sunday July 27th, in the evening. It was about 7:30 pm and I told the children to get out of the pool because it was time to go home and go to bed. Colby asked if he could go off the diving board one more time. I told him that he could, but then he decided he needed another one more time. As he was walking to the edge of the diving board I told him that he already had his last turn and to get off the diving board and come dry off. He wasn't listening to me so I started to count. When I got to two he started to obey me, but at the last second he decided to jump in anyway. He jumped off the middle of the diving board to the side and landed on his chin on the edge of the pool. The result was 14 stitches. He was actually an amazing patient. He laid perfectly still and only cried a little. He was able to get the stitched removed on Monday, August 4th, and he will have a scar.
I am doing my best to raise five wonderful children. I want them to grow up to be hard working and responsible. I pray they will grow to truly love the Lord! Homeschooling is a challenge but the rewards are great!
Colby couldn't be left out....he was the only brother who hadn't been to the ER! This is only the beginning of the injuries you know!
ReplyDelete