Yesterday's sermon by Pastor Tony Blevins was really wonderful. He was talking about how
Jesus is the True Vine and we are the Branches.
John 15:1-8 (New King James Version)
The True Vine 1 “I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. 2 Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away;[a] and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit. 3 You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. 4 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.5 “I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. 6 If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. 7 If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will[b] ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. 8 By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.
The next question is, How can you know if you are bearing fruit? Galatians 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control. I know that I don't have all of those fruits. I could especially use more kindness, gentleness, and longsuffering towards my children.
Then, he had us replace our own names for love in 1 Corinthians 13:4.
Rachel is patient and kind. Rachel is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. Rachel does not demand her own way. Rachel is not irritable, and she keeps no record of when she has been wronged. Rachel is never glad about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Rachel never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. Rachel will last forever.
I know that all these things are not really true for me yet, I do not love perfectly. But, Our Father in Heaven does love perfectly and he wants to conform us to his image. I believe that if I speak those truths over myself that I will learn to love better.
If I have done something to hurt or offend you, please forgive me. There are those who I have kept a record of how I perceived they wronged me. Please forgive me and know that I am no longer keeping that record.
I love you.
kek lapis 2020
3 years ago
Rachel,
ReplyDeleteYou are such a kind and sweet soul. You're one of the best mothers I know. Nobody's perfect but you are the best you that you can be. Take heart in the fact that you are loved and admired by many.
-Nicole Fairfield