We finally went for an ultrasound. We are so excited that we are having another baby girl! We were hoping that Ryleigh would have a sister. The appointment was exciting. In the room were all the kids, my mom, Bethany, Chris, and Hannah was on the phone. First they looked at the baby's spine, brain, heart and other organs. Then they measured her femur. She is about 8 inches long and 1/2 a pound. The machine gave me a due date of 9/16, but I guess we will stick with 9/10. I will probably refuse to be induced until 10/1 if the baby doesn't decide to come sooner. Finally they moved on to gender. The tech was working with a student and she kept pointing to the screen and they were nodding at each other. I finally asked, "what, is it a boy?" because I could tell they could see something. "No" she said. "We think it is a girl." She went on to explain that the umbilical cord was between her legs and they were having a hard time getting a good view but that they had seen evidence of a girl several times. A few minutes later they were sure and showed us several more times that the baby is a girl. The student even took over after the exam and looked several more times. So we are definately having a girl.
This first picture is of the girl parts. The two ovals are her but cheeks and between there you can see three lines. The extra part to the right of the but cheeks is a glimse of the umbilical cord.

This next picture is of the baby's foot. She was bent over so we saw her hands and feet at the same time several times.

This picture is the lovely skull view. You can see where the brain, eyes, nose and mouth are, as well as an outline of the body.

The final picture is a profile. I think she looks like Ryleigh. What do you think?

All in all it was a very exciting day! Now if we could just pick out a name. We are considering R names. Rainey, Raelynn, Rosaleigh, Rohan, and Reaghan. Middle name will probably be Elizabeth. We would love suggestions.
So excited for you guys! I personally like Rainey and Reaghan! Can't wait to see her!
ReplyDeleteTeam Reaghan :)
ReplyDeleteReaghan....but would love to play with spellings with you!.....Aunt Kimmie
ReplyDeleteJust throwing this one at ya...I have a granddaughter in Texas named Rowdie Kay and she's a sweetheart! God has surely blessed the Greenwall family! A sister in Christ, Debby Bunney.
ReplyDelete