Sunday, April 25, 2010

Santa Maria, Baby Jackson, Pismo Beach!

We went to Santa Maria, CA for spring break to visit my sister Hannah. My sister Bethany flew down from Vegas to make the drive with me and the kids. It was a wonderful trip. Hannah lives about 20 minutes from Pismo Beach! We spent hours there every day. I couldn't believe the kids, the water was so cold that it was painful but they couldn't stay away.
It was so wonderful to spend time with my nephew Jackson! He was born in August and we have only seen him a handful of times. He is absolutely adorable! He loves to giggle and he was totally interested in the kids. In this bath picture Ryleigh was making him almost scream with laughter. So fun!There was another beach, near Pismo, that you can drive on. Uncle Daniel took Connor on a manly outing. They drove on the beach and then tossed around a football. It was an awesome time for both of them. When we go again in the summer Grandma Judy is planning on renting a dune buggie and taking all the kids. I can't wait!

Ryleigh loved the water and the sand. She was the quickest to be done in the water, but every day she has to chase the waves a little.
There is a beautiful park in Santa Maria. When you are there it feels like you are camping, with all the grass and trees. It is so big and so beautiful. There were also wonderful playgrounds and clean bathrooms. The park also has a duck pond and some geese. I am sad to admit that when I was being chased by a goose I used poor Cade as a shield. :( Hopefully next time I will try to rescue my child instead of save myself.Colby had a great time digging in the sand. The kids even took the buckets into the water and found some crabs. I even found a dead crab in the car when I went to clean it out. I guess the kids thought they could bring home a pet, but it wasn't meant to be. Another cute picture of Ryleigh digging in the sand.Cade at the beautiful park. Aunt Bethany kept hiding behind trees and scaring Cade and Ryleigh. It is funny how little ones can laugh over and over about the same thing.He is Colby holding a crab!On the pier Cade and Ryleigh thought it was fun to look at the sand and water below. Aunt Bethany decided to bury all the kids in the sand when she was left alone with them for a few minutes. Ryleigh really didn't like it, but the boys thought it was great!

On Sunday we got to go to Hannah and Daniel's church. Daniel is a Baptist pastor and this is his first church as The Pastor. It was great. The people were so nice, the Bible study was thorough, the children were well taken care of, and the service was great. It was my first time hearing Daniel preach and I was definately impressed. It is so fun to see Hannah as a pastor's wife. Also Jackson was passed around from member to member the entire service. The congregation has definately welcomed Hannah and Daniel with open arms.

It was a wonderful week! I am so glad that we got to spend sister time and see all about Hannah's new life. I can't wait to go back in July!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, it looks like you guys had a blast. My favorite pic is Cade and Ryleigh on the pier. How cute! Hey you should post some pictures of the new crib and how cute the girls room is coming along. Oh that was fun saying "the girls". Can you believe it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete